Monday, October 8, 2007

First Invites to Artists

Today the first invitations to submit proposals to Iraqimemorial.org were sent out to a group of 50 artists. I've been working on this project since late June of 2007, having first conceptualized the work in 2003. I've been reading and researching about memorials, writing the various texts, working on the design and implementation of the website, etc. I've also been approaching a number of potential jurors for the project. I am hopeful that a majority of the artists and jurors who have so far been invited to participate will do so - my intent is for there to be some very strong memorial proposals online at the time that the project launched in November - at such time the Call for Proposals will be widely distributed both online and otherwise.

Very nervous yet hopeful! This project will not succeed without the generous contribution of time and concepts by artists and designers. Keeping my fingers crossed.

No comments: